Here are a few
warnings signs that your child may have a problem with pornography
or chat on the Internet.
- Your child becomes infatuated with the computer. They would rather be on the computer than
doing anything else, regardless of friends or the weather.
- Your child spends an inordinate amount of time on the Internet or
is online late into the night.
- Your child uses computer files that end in .gif or .jpg. These are
picture files that may contain the latest Hubble telescope photos
or pornographic material.
- You discover unusual charges on your credit card statements. Be especially
suspicious of phone charges that identify themselves as "Web
Site." Many pornographers don't provide their names to avoid
raising your concern.
- Your child quickly changes the computer screen when you enter the
- You notice changes in your child's behavior (mention of adults you
don't know, secretiveness, inappropriate sexual knowledge, sleeping
- Your child has an enormous amount of friends on their "Buddy List."
Do you want to know what they have been doing?